Transporting Abnormal Loads | Driver training courses for LGV (HGV), PCV (PSV), trailer, bus, truck, ambulance, minibus…
Birmingham 01217962342
Nottingham 01158965893
Coventry 02477710040
Northampton 01604215928
Derby 01332497138
Oxford 01865686330
Guildford 01483663350
Portsmouth 02392008440
Leicester 01162626037
Slough 01753907800
Warrington 01616949878
St Albans 01727223408

Transporting Abnormal Loads

Notifying the authorities
Depending on the load you’re moving and your route, you may need to give advance warning to:
• the police
• highway authorities
• bridge and structure owners like Network Rail
You can use Highways England’s electronic service delivery for abnormal loads (ESDAL) to:
• plot your route
• notify the police, highways and bridge authorities of your abnormal load movements around the road network
• get advance notice of any possible route problems
• save vehicle details and routes for future use
If you don’t use ESDAL you must fill in an abnormal loads movement application form.

Give advance notice
You must allow time to get the necessary clearances from the police, highway and bridge authorities. For example, a Special-Order application must be completed 10 weeks before the scheduled date of the move.

Share this news: Share on FacebookTweet about this on Twitter

Submit a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <s> <strike> <strong>