Making the right move for your O licence | Driver training courses for LGV (HGV), PCV (PSV), trailer, bus, truck, ambulance, minibus…
Birmingham 01217962342
Nottingham 01158965893
Coventry 02477710040
Northampton 01604215928
Derby 01332497138
Oxford 01865686330
Guildford 01483663350
Portsmouth 02392008440
Leicester 01162626037
Slough 01753907800
Warrington 01616949878
St Albans 01727223408

Making the right move for your O licence

What would you do if you had to move all your vehicles from your authorised operating centre because of events outside your control?
It’s not an unrealistic scenario. The land could be sold for development, meaning you’ve no longer got permission to keep vehicles there.
Whatever the scenario, you’ll need to act fast. Finding an alternative location at short notice – and getting permission from the Traffic Commissioner – won’t happen overnight.
As you know, you’ve always got to continue to meet the condition on your licence.
But, if you’re deprived of your operating centre at short notice and notify the Office of the Traffic Commissioner (OTC) straight away, a limited period of grace could be given for you to find a new operating centre.
The Traffic Commissioner will need to be satisfied that where you’re parking in the meantime is safe and lawful.
It’s important to remember that making an application for a permanent new operating centre is the priority. And you can ask for an interim licence to operate temporarily.
For more information on operating centre requirements, please see our guidance.

Share this news: Share on FacebookTweet about this on Twitter

Submit a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <s> <strike> <strong>