Advice for hauliers operating in EU countries | Driver training courses for LGV (HGV), PCV (PSV), trailer, bus, truck, ambulance, minibus…
Birmingham 01217962342
Nottingham 01158965893
Coventry 02477710040
Northampton 01604215928
Derby 01332497138
Oxford 01865686330
Guildford 01483663350
Portsmouth 02392008440
Leicester 01162626037
Slough 01753907800
Warrington 01616949878
St Albans 01727223408

Advice for hauliers operating in EU countries

Advice for hauliers operating in EU countries
Guidance issued on permit application scheme
The ECMT international road haulage permit system allows journeys between 43 member countries.
Currently, the UK issues Community Licences to cover international journeys, which are recognised in the EU.
Preparations have been made in case ECMT permits are needed for road haulage operations to the EU after March 2019.
The number of permits available will be limited and a permit needs to be carried in each vehicle that’s making an international journey.
In order to apply for an annual ECMT permit, you need to be registered via the Vehicle Operator Licensing System (VOL) by 12 November 2018.
Applications for permits can be made between 26 November and 21 December.
There will also be some monthly ECMT permits available next year. Applications for these will open at a later date.

Share this news: Share on FacebookTweet about this on Twitter

Submit a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <s> <strike> <strong>