Certificate Of Professional Competence
0% Finance available call for details (Subject to status)
CPC is an ESSENTIAL requirement for anyone applying for a “Goods Vehicle Operators’ Licence”, or for staff with the responsibility for the control of Goods Vehicles.
The Road Haulage Industry has three types of Operators licence:
- Standard National License – This allows an operator to carry goods for other people for hire or reward in the UK.
- Standard International licence – This allows an operator to carry goods for hire and reward on International Journeys.
- Restricted License – This allows an operator to carry goods in the course of his own trade or business in the UK or abroad. (No CPC is required – but background knowledge is essential to meet O’ licence requirements.)
Applicants for one of the Standard Licenses MUST prove that they are ‘professionally competent’, or that they employ a transport Manager who meets the requirements.
Persons will be considered ‘Professionally Competent’ by passing the examinations for the Certificate of Professional Competence (CPC) conducted by OCR on behalf of the Department of Transport.
CPC National & International Combined (Freight)
Our National & International Combined CPC runs as an 10 day course (+ exam day) and takes place quarterly in Leicester. Candidates should ideally have some working knowledge of the industry, but this is not essential.
In order to successfully complete the CPC National course, the following
modules must be successfully passed:
- R 1 – 60 multi-choice questions in 120 minutes
- R 2 – Case Study Paper (written answers) in 135 minutes
Only when both modules have been successfully passed can a Full CPC Certificate be issued.
CPC Exams and courses are held 4 times a year at dates booked by the exam board, OCR, please contact us for dates.
Syllabus Outline – Within both modules the following areas are covered:
- Business & Company Law
- Social Legislation & Industrial Relations
- Health & Safety
- Financial Management
- Commercial Conduct
- Organisation Charts, KPIs
- Business Taxation
- Vehicle Selection
- Operator Licensing
- Vehicle Excess Duty
- Driver Licensing
- Transport Ancillaries & Contracts of Carriage
- Drivers Hours & Records
- Vehicle Costing
- Safe Loading & Transit of Goods
- Planned preventative maintenance
- Vehicle Weights & Dimensions
- Speed Limits & Traffic Regulations
- RTA Procedures
- Electronic Data
- Plating & Testing
- Fleet Inspection
- Roadside Checks
- Permits & Methods of operating
- Customs transit system
- Incoterms & frontier crossings
- International transport documentation
R2 Preparation Day
Held close to the exam, this preparation day is designed for both those attending the preceding course or those needing to re-sit R2.
( To gain an International CPC the candidate must a National CPC gained by exam after September 1999)